The Top Seven Reasons Why I Had a Fever
Just when I thought last week will be an overwhelming week for me --- nah, it didn't went that way. I was confined in my bedroom thinking about why I had that fever. I ended up with this list.
Let's start at number 7...
7. Too much excitement
Well, everyone must have known that I'm a big Backstreet Boys fan. So? Any connections? Let's just say I've planned June 14 to be a day to go out to the mall, grab the album and snuggle in my earphone the whole working hours listening to it. I know and every knows how different would the BSB sound right now. Plus, on my small analysis, this BSB album wouldn't be like their Black & Blue album on which the least effort was given. I call Black & Blue the "forced album". Now... imagine the excitement I have... that could be a reason but there's six more...
6. There's no such thing as a "joking around therapy"
There are two instances where I played around and made fun on a something. One of which was a chorus of coughers. In the office, two of my friends were coughing and they were sitting side by side. They repeatedly coughed their way to work. It was loud and you couldn't help but notice them. So I kid around and told the other one who's seated near them, "Bilib ako sa 'yo kung makauwi ka ngayong gabi ng walang ubo" (I'll be proud of you if you'll go home without coughs). Then in hlh.com, Kate J. already gave me my own gallery of fanarts in her site! That's really awesome! Then I saw her tagboard... I wrote there "I have a gallery? I have my own gallery!?! Nurse! Someone get me a nurse! My heartbeat is not normal!".... bad joke.... bad carma...
5. The movies
Monday, I watched a movie with my boyfriend. The movie is a romantic comedy called A Lot Like Love. I am not an Ashton Kutcher fan. Love stories were the last ones I'll watch in a movie house. I'm a little broke... or maybe I'm just saving up for that BSB album .... but bottomline, I don't have the money for a movie. Why am I in that movie laughing my butts off Ashton's silly lines? I am simply bored. Then when I was sick, I thought of that movie with Dustin Hoffman called "Outbreak". The virus of that movie found its way in the US mass from a crew of a vessel that carried the monkey. That crew was steaming with fever and kept coughing in a movie house. The virus, via cgi, was visualized in the movie to fly from that crew's cough into the mouth of the laughing audience in the movie. A couple of hours later, the hospital was full of infected people... dying... Good news is I'm alive. Bad news could be my fever.... who knows, right?
4. Phobia on doctors
Never had one but people here at home kept pressing on my probable nervousness facing a doctor again after my operation in January. I went last Monday to ask the doctor of my still prolonged and heavy menstruation. This family is the thoughtful kind and they've been pushing me to go back to the doctor as soon as April. But my doctor asked me to go back to her after three menstrual period. It just ended first week of June because menstruation was as long as a month. Dang, isn't that expensive and all? Well, I must've been nervous to face a new doctor because of this new HMO we have.
3. Changing Climate
Now, this is the most popular reason. Everyone I've met after that fever instinctively said to me... "It's the drastic change in climate". True, climate has been drastic to us living in the Philippines. Three to four days, it was raining like crazy then the next day, you're sweating like hell is on Earth. My thick pajamas were sent out and back in the closet for the shortest period of time. And my big warm red jacket was only used once. There was actually an instance when I was stuck in the middle of the streets with all the gusty wind and rain. The following day, I was sneezing... but that was a month ago... this can't be the number one reason but it can be a reason.
2. Lack of Sleep
The independence day weekend was not so exciting. But for some reason, I can't get to sleep that weekend. I've tried all sort of stuff just to bring myself to sleep. It's like that line in a song that goes "I tossed and turned can't sleep at night..." but the thing is nothing's worrying me. I read a chapter in the Sorcerrer's Stone. I drank a glass of milk. I turned on the radio and with the sleep function on. I turned on the computer and chat with some kids in the EW.net's chat room. Probably I fell asleep around 3:30am then I woke up 7am... immune system probably has been weak after that.
And the number one reason,
1. I'm simply hot : )

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home